To me that is analogous to the idea that since ancient TV sets would show weird
ghosts when various kinds of radio transmitters were placed nearby (or even be
disturbed by power-line noise) that the entire effort and rulemaking of the FCC
should be forever aimed at protecting those TV sets, because someone's
grandmother somewhere might still own one.

It's a technologically backwards idea. It's the kind of idea that made it next
to impossible to legalize WiFi [I know, I was there]. Only a very key person
(named M. Marcus, now retired from FCC OET, and a friend) was able to enable
the use of WiFi technologies in the ISM bands. Otherwise, the idea that all
current poorly scalable systems ought to be allowed to "block" new technologies
takes over.

All I can say is that if you really think about sharing orbital space in a
scalable way, there is a lot more "space" available. Which is why I suggested
"rules of the road" that operate in everyone's interest and privilege no one
use over another are almost certainly feasible. As satellites get more capable
(smaller, lighter, more maneuverable, as they follow the equivalent of Moore's
Law for space) avoidance becomes feasible, *especially if all satellites can
coordinate via low energy networking protocols*.

I know all the scare stories. Planes will fall out of the sky if someone
accidentally uses a WiFi device or cellphone on airplanes. The Internet will be
inhabited only by criminals. Encryption is something no one with "nothing to
hide" needs to use.

Please. Think harder. Become an expert on space technology, etc. Not just
someone who "knowledgably repeats lines from news media articles" as so many do.

My point is that while it may be that *geosynchronous equatorial orbit* is very
tightly occupied, most MEO and LEO space is not densely occupied at all.