awfully satisfying. I'm fixing to do my two porches soon, too. That
being said, I did screw up once or twice. They were minor screw-ups,
but the floor is not perfectly smooth because of them. (When they say
keep the sander moving they really mean it!) Since I did it, they've
introduced orbital floor sanders, which are supposed to be much more
forgiving than the drum type that I used. So, if you can find out if
the rental places have orbital sanders, you might have a better idea
if it's something you should tackle yourself or not.
The floors I did were upstairs and were fir (I believe). I hired out
the maple floors on the main level.
It's also super messy, no matter how you do it. So, expect to move
everything out and expect to have to clean everything (window sills,
cupboards, etc) when you're done.
Also, I used a water-based poly, which was easy to apply and didn't
stink. But, I don't think it's recommended for high-traffic areas.
> Any tips or tricks for refinishing a hard wood floor?
>
> I found this site:
> http://www.doityourself.com/woodfloors/index.shtml
>
> Curious to know if anyone has any other tips.
>
> The quotes I got for 1200 square feet ranged from $3500 to $4600.
>
> Thanks
> Jacob
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]
