On an engine that new it should not be much.  If it is all highway miles, that 
is easier on the engine than stop and go traffic miles.

I would check the engine oil before you leave.  It should have a blueish brown 
color with an oily sheen and have some body.  Give it a sniff and it should 
smell like oil, not gas.  If thge oil is flat, dark and watery, it needs to be 
changed.

I have a 1997 Tahoe that I regularly take on 200 mile trips (at least every 
month).  I always check the fluids and tire air pressure before I leave.  I 
also check the same before I head back.  If necessary, I can find a Chevy 
dealership in most towns to handle a fluid replacement.

>I bought an F-150 brand new late last year (2006 model) and I plan on
>taking it on a 500 mile trip, probably drive a couple hundred miles
>over the course of a week and then drive 500 miles home 5 days after
>getting there. How much wear and tear will something like this cause
>on my truck? I don't drive it much, I had the oil changed 2/28 and
>have only drove it ~700 miles since then. It this something I should
>get my oil changed for or should I wait until I get back or just wait
>until 5/28 when I go back to get it done again? (I bought an ext
>warranty that includes oil changes and it's due 5/28)
>Thanks for the input in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create robust enterprise, web RIAs.
Upgrade & integrate Adobe Coldfusion MX7 with Flex 2
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:234625
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to