that too.... I was limiting myself to the practical aspects of the
question. So Bush is already out?

woohoo

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Judah McAuley <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was against the cost of the inauguration until last night I was
> realizing that all the Bushies had moved out of the Whitehouse and I
> found myself cheering an end to an 8 year nightmare.
>
> That's when I realized that several million people are going to head
> to DC regardless of whether Obama wants to keep it small and
> manageable or not. They need a bit a catharsis and to spit on the
> grave of a national travesty and convince themselves that the people
> moving into that house might be a bit better.
>
> So let America have its party and then roll up its sleeves and get to work.
>
> Judah
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Dana <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I agree.
>>
>> The inauguration may not be a good instance of that though, as it has
>> a fair amount of historic and psychological meaning. Quite apart from
>> the history that is being made is the fact that perception matters a
>> great deal in any push to get people buying again, and if we are too
>> poor to mark really momentous occasions, perhaps I better hold off on
>> that new washing machine... if you see my point.
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Scott Stroz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> You have a valid point, I have not bitched about it on this list.  I have
>>> bitched about it, just not here.
>>>
>>> I am not so opposed to the bailout as I am that there seem to be no strings
>>> attached.  Banks still gave millions in bonuses to the executive who put the
>>> banks in the precarious position to begin with.
>>> I also seem to think that in the future, we will hear a lot more stories
>>> like what AIG did after getting bailout money.
>>>
>>> One thing that annoys me is that every time its pointed out that maybe Obama
>>> could have done something different, you know, that 'change' he keeps
>>> preaching, the defense has been 'well everyone else has done it'.
>>>
>>> Sometimes you can save more by limiting a lot of little spending rather than
>>> eliminating one big purchase.
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Dana <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> my point is that I don't see you bitching about giving billions to
>>>> banks. I have not been paying attention to the inauguration but you
>>>> know what, I was in DC for Reagan's and you never saw so many hot and
>>>> cold running balls.
>>>>
>>>> Furthermore, it's not just an extravagance. Consumer confidence needs
>>>> to recover and I don't think sackcloth and ashes would work for that.
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Scott Stroz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> > So, because its not billions of dollars its OK to piss it away?  You
>>>> should
>>>> > get into politics, you'd fit right in with that attitude.
>>>> >
>>>> > Finish up your Kool-Aid, the Prophet of Change is on his way.
>>>> >
>>>> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Dana <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> >
>>>> >> more people, higher security risks, it's four years later... that's off
>>>> the
>>>> >> top of my head. I heard they are closing all of the bridges in DC.
>>>> That's a
>>>> >> pretty extreme security measure and it will take a huge amont of
>>>> manpower
>>>> >> just for that right right there.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> ::shrug:: I have not been paying attention to the inauguration but don't
>>>> we
>>>> >> have better things to bitch about? Like billions being wasted in the
>>>> >> financial sector?
>>>> >>
>>>> >> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM, C. Hatton Humphrey <
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> >> >wrote:
>>>> >>
>>>> >> > >> Hurricaines, floods and the inauguration....makes sense to me...not
>>>> >> > >
>>>> >> > > After 8 years of Bush the federal government qualifies as a disaster
>>>> >> > > area and emergency management is needed.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Given the subject of this thread and the facts as they have been
>>>> >> > presented, I don't think blaming Bush is going to work this time...
>>>> >> > unless your poster boy for change only intends to change things for
>>>> >> > the worse.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > Or do you have some logical explanation for why this should cost the
>>>> >> > tax payers so much more?
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:285338
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to