On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Gruss Gott <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Isn't torture one of those things where there really is no legitimate
> other side?
>
>
The answer to this question is "No, torture is NOT one of those issues to
which there is no legitimate other side."

Many nations and their governments torture without even giving it a second
thought. The noble idea that there are principles for which we will not
compromise, even if it threatens our security, is a relatively novel one if
you ask me. It's also a value that I think elevates America to another
plain. Or at least, it used too :/

But to call those who view their security as paramount...illegitimate? I
can't go along with that. Just because I don't agree with their position,
doesn't mean it's completely without logic or merit.

-- 
His gentle means of sculpting souls
Took me years to understand


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:295976
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to