>>
>> Isn't torture one of those things where there really is no legitimate
>> other side?
>>
>>
>The answer to this question is "No, torture is NOT one of those issues to
>which there is no legitimate other side."
>
>Many nations and their governments torture without even giving it a second
>thought. The noble idea that there are principles for which we will not
>compromise, even if it threatens our security, is a relatively novel one if
>you ask me. It's also a value that I think elevates America to another
>plain. Or at least, it used too :/
>
>But to call those who view their security as paramount...illegitimate? I
>can't go along with that. Just because I don't agree with their position,
>doesn't mean it's completely without logic or merit.


I think one of the founding fathers said it best:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, 
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin  1775 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:295979
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to