yeah. Data wasn't really an issue for us  and I guess I made an assumption
that it  wasn't for you either. I take it these are dev boxes or something
else where it really matters?

You know -- something I did not know at the time was that you can automate
registry edits with PowerShell. Would that help?

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Scott Raley <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> I already have Ghost and True Image servers. That only helps on rebuild, it
> doesn't help with data on the machine unless you have a real server with
> real roaming profiles so there is nothing on the desktop to save.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dana [mailto:[email protected]]
>  Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 12:22 PM
> To: cf-community
> Subject: Re: Fracking Hacking Spammers!
>
>
> I don't know how many machines you are talking about and you have a newer
> version (presumably nastier tho) but
>
> the computers I worked on took a ridiculous amont of time to fix. There was
> a manual fix and it involved really long lists of registry keys that might
> or might now be affected. And the users thought they could not possibly
> have
> done such a thing and instantly reinfected them One guy told me I did not
> need to check his machine because he had just run virus software, Guess
> which one he ran ;)
>
> I mean, a lot depends on who you are dealing with and how important any
> data
> on those machines might be, But I would not do that again for anything
> short
> of salvaging a cure for cancer,
>
> My suggestion is that you invest in a ghost server. For whatever that might
> be worth,
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Scott Raley <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> > We are debating that now since the virus mutates on itself.
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Dana [mailto:[email protected]]
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 11:59 AM
> > To: cf-community
> > Subject: Re: Fracking Hacking Spammers!
> >
> >
> > awesome :) It would have been better to re-image the machines I am
> talking
> > about, I was told not to, well, as a sympom of the madness there, is the
> > best way I can explain it. But based on what you just said it's pretty
> much
> > the only way to go any more?
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Scott Raley <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > It is now Antivirus 2010 and there is a new version call Braviax which
> is
> > > programmed to embed itself in a lot of spyware tools, spybot, malware
> > > bytes,
> > > superantispyware, etc so you have to rename stuff to get it to work
> > > correctly.  It infects regedit and a lot of files in windows system so
> > when
> > > you think you fixed something you didn't.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:303320
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to