Somewhat less convenient but as a plan B/reassurance, I can tell you that
you will find that Mexico is littered with internet cafes and almost all of
these have phones you can use as well.

On a deliberately off-the-beaten-track safari we had there a few years ago
we found only one tiny tiny town (pop maybe 70?) that did not have internet
access available. And we were in all sorts of places where the directions
went "take this bus to the crossroads where there is a statue of the blessed
virgin, wait 20 minutes and flag down the bus on the other road.. But don't
miss it or there won't be another one until tomorrow." So if you are going
any place that is any size at all, internet access and making phone calls
will not be a problem. On the other hand, mailing anything time-sensitive
could be a serious mistake -- I sent Ian some photocopies from Oaxaca (a big
city, by the way) and that package took months.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Cameron Childress <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> I haven't seen SIPGate before.  I did look briefly at their site and
> it looks kinda like Vonage or Skype, but aimed as businesses?  I've
> used Skype overseas before and it's worked fine.  SIPGate I have never
> heard of (but maybe I've been under a rock).
>
> I don't know what type of cell you have, but there are pretty good
> Skype clients of the iPhone that will work over Wifi.  I imagine they
> exist for other phones as well.
>
> -Cameron
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM, ColdFusion Developer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I am curious if anyone has used SIPGate in conjunction with Google Voice?
> >
> > I am on a business trip to Mexico soon and will have internet access in
> the
> > hotel.
> >
> > My thoughts were to use sipgate to connect and then use Google Voice to
> call
> > back to the US.
> >
> > Thoughts? Pros/Cons?
> > Another service or a beter way?
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:310654
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to