I have the data roaming off right now. With this off it states:

"Turn data roaming off when abroad to avoid substantial roaming charges when
using email, web browsing, and other data services"

Would this disable sending/receiving ANY text messages? (Hopefully so in
this case)

I am sure if I make a call using my iPhone in Mexico back to the US, then I
am charged the rates from AT&T (outside of my normal plan).

Thoughts?




On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Cameron Childress <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM, ColdFusion Developer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I am concerned that having the iPhone on at all in Mexico I will be
> charged
> > data charges since it checks the weather, email, etc.
> > So if I get what your saying, I can use the Wifi portion without getting
> hit
> > with data charges??
>
> Yes - go into the settings and turn off "data roaming".  This will
> make the phone stop using the cell network for data.  You can still
> leave the Wifi radio turned on and use it.  Like I said, I did this
> for 12 days and had zero roaming charges.  Google around for
> directions on this, I am sure there are instructions out there.
>
> -Cameron
>
> ...
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:310675
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to