On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Cameron Childress <camer...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Judah McAuley wrote:
>
> > The Lucee website is nice looking but has some serious flaws. It says
> "hey,
> > we're a cool j2ee scripting language!" and mentions tools and cool stuff,
> > which is great...but no where on the site is there anything that gives a
> > run down of the language. I happen to know that it is cfml, because of
> > Railo, but it doesn't really say that and a random dev who goes there
> would
> > say, cool, a new language...where is it? Downloads but no syntax? No
> > documentation? WTF?
>

> They definitely have some wrinkles to iron out. I'd say that the immediate
> developer userbase probably is fine using the old Railo docs, or the CF
> docs even, or CFQuickdocs. But they do have some work left to do.

I would agree if it said something like "CFML-compatible scripting
language, drop in your Coldfusion code!". But the home page, and pretty
much everything else I found, carefully eschewed saying anything about
CMFL, so it wasn't clear to me for quite awhile that this was, in fact, a
CFML engine. It just kept says "JVM scripting language" so I was looking
for docs.

Judah