I've had a lot of good luck with ReNameWizard: http://www.renamewiz.com/
Here's a list of some of its features:

Save and run up to 100 different rename commands using your scheduler or
creating custom shortcuts.
  Rename any number of files or folders with or without recursion.
  "Search and Replace" characters anywhere in filenames or folders.
  "Search and Replace" first or all occurrences.
  Strip out characters (at any position) filenames or folders.
  View a Simulation before renaming your precious files or folders.
  "Add a Prefix" (at any position) to the beginning of files or folders.
  "Add a Suffix" (at any position) to the end of files or folders.
  "Copy Files As" instead of renaming them.
  Rename file extensions.
  Add extensions to files that do not have one.
  Optionally rename "Read Only, System, or Hidden" Files.
  Incrementally number files with leading or trailing text and or zero's.
  Incrementally "Search and Replace" numbers.
  Remove file names or extensions while numbering.
  Rename files or folders to UPPER, lower, and Proper case.
  Remove any number of characters starting at any position.
  Change file attributes in multiple folders with or without setting
current attributes.
  View, Save, and print a "Rename History" screen.
  Undo the last file rename command.

The simulation and undo has saved me quite a few times.

larry

At 01:53 PM 11/4/2003, you wrote:
>Yes,
>
>Used it with good success.
>
><http://www.1-4a.com/rename/>http://www.1-4a.com/rename/
>
>Dharmesh
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Kevin Graeme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 12:29 PM
>To: CF-Community
>Subject: Looking for file rename tool
>
>I need something that can batch change the extensions on selected filenames.
>I have a case mismatch for files on a server and I want all the extensions
>to be lowercase. I have a pretty good rename utility, but it's not changing
>the case of the extension. I'm guessing it's because Windows doesn't even
>know there's a difference.
>
>Anyone have a favorite rename utility?
>
>-Kevin
>
>
>----------
>[
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to