I agree with many of you in that I don't believe this particular list
(CF-Jobs) was setup as an exclusive list for jobs wanted and offered.
There's plenty of places all over the net that recruiters can post their job
offers. So hey, if you're a recruiter and you feel like you're getting a
bunch of off-topic crap from this particular list, well hey - deal with it
or unsubscribe. Besides, you really should be listening to what the job
seekers are talking about anyway. And appreciate the fact that the list
owner doesn't charge you to post your job offers here unlike the majority of
jobs boards out there do.
As far as these discussions have been going about consulting sucks and all,
I really enjoy reading people's stories. It's comforting to know that I'm
not alone in this world. I'd like to add a twist to the mix as well, and
that is that since I started freelancing last year, I've noticed that the
number of recruiter calls dropped from about 2-4 per day down to nothing.
And when I talk to recruiters about this (I have to call them now), the
common response is "Well companies don't hire consultants." I've found that
to be true even when I approach companies directly.
This sucks because it seems that the only way I'm going to get a job is to
basically remove the past year of events from my resume or make something up
like "OH yeah, I worked for Fusioneers.com for the past year". I've got so
many years of experience now that I feel like I've fallen off hiring market
altogether. It seems like I'd be better off erasing everything from the
resume and starting my career over than to leave it all on their and
possibly threaten a few CTO's jobs out there!
---mark
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Warrick
Phone: (714) 547-5386
Fax: (714) 972-2181
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal URL: http://www.warrick.net
Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Business URL: http://www.fusioneers.com
ICQ: 346566
--------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe visit
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_jobs or send a
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.