> The notion of loading a group of functions using cfinclude at the top of
> ever template that requires access to said functions, well I am thinking
> it's too heavy. go download http://www.netwebapps.com/projects/cflp.zip
> this
> zip file while I go get my coffee and I will explain what I have done to
> allow you to drop these libraries into you custom tags folder and only
> have
> to load them once pre session,application,request or server occurrence,
> which ever you choose.

Bryan,

Neat idea, but do you really think cfincluding them, perhaps in the
Application.cfm page, would be that heavy? If you turn on Template Caching
in the CF admin, all templates will be cached in RAM, and I would think
that would serve the same purpose and be a bit simpler to implement. I'd
be interested in seeing some performance stats on both methods.

We use a boatload of functions in our ASP projects, and including them at
the top of the page has never seemed like much overhead. Heck, we've got
one ASP app running at http://support.answertrack.com/ that has about 100
files included on the main processing page, probably 60-70k total weight
(written in Fusebox-style), and that dang thing has faster page views than
any of our CF stuff. If you mouseover the lower-right-hand corner of the
AnswerTrack display window on that site, you'll see the total processing
time in milliseconds of the page.

-Ron