From: CF-metadata <cf-metadata-boun...@cgd.ucar.edu> on behalf of Jonathan
Gregory <jonathan.greg...@ncas.ac.uk>
Sent: 11 April 2018 18:28
To: cf-metadata@cgd.ucar.edu
Subject: [CF-metadata] use of integral_wrt_depth_of_sea_water_practical_salinity

Dear Sebastien

There is an existing standard name of
  ocean_integral_wrt_depth_of_sea_water_temperature
and the one you propose has the same pattern, so it would seem all right to me,
and appropriate for your purpose. Otherwise you could set a very large lower
depth boundary with the understanding that integrating below the sea floor
added nothing, but that's a bit ugly.

Best wishes

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from Sebastien Villaume <sebastien.villa...@ecmwf.int>