From: CF-metadata <cf-metadata-boun...@cgd.ucar.edu> on behalf of Jonathan
Gregory <j.m.greg...@reading.ac.uk>
Sent: 01 May 2018 17:08
To: cf-metadata@cgd.ucar.edu
Subject: Re: [CF-metadata] Standard Names to support Trac ticket 99

Dear Roy

I agree that the confusion is unlikely. Maybe I shouldn't have given that
example, because it's distracting. My discomfort is just that "taxon" doesn't
mean "organisms" but "name of type of organisms" e.g. in
  mass_concentration_of_biological_taxon_expressed_as_carbon_in_sea_water
you can substitute your proposed definition of taxon, to get

mass_concentration_of_name_identifying_an_organism_as_belonging_to_a_unit_of_classification_expressed_as_carbon_in_sea_water
I think you mean

mass_concentration_of_organisms_from_biological_taxon_expressed_as_carbon_in_sea_water
That's a bit longer, but feels more comfortable to me.

Best wishes

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from "Lowry, Roy K." <r...@bodc.ac.uk> -----