Hi Jay,

I've used Related Selects from MasRizal to do this and it does exactly what
I think you're trying to do. Based on the value selected in dropdown #1 the
values in box #2 will change, and based on the selection in box #2 the
values in box #3 changes and so on. There is no limit that I know of as to
how many related dropdowns you have.
It is quite simple to setup and use.

Good Luck.

Michael Iafrate  | President
___________________________________ 
Treehouse Technology
209 Wildwood Trail 
Mississauga, ON    L4Z 3S5 
p. 416 .238 .6252 
f. 416 .238 .9568 
e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.treehousetechnology.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Morris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:19 PM
To: CF-Newbie
Subject: How to create a chained select

Hello, I am currently learning coldfusion and fusebox at the same time. I am
trying to build my own website, and I need to create a chained select to
help with searching for products.
The search is to find products made for a paticular year, make and model of
automobile. My test database is in microsoft access for the time being, but
will be transfered to a SQl when finished.
I am hoping someone can help by explaining to me what cftags I should use or
learn to build the select. Or if anyone knows of a code snippet or script i
can look at to learn the workings?
Thanks



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Upgrade to Adobe ColdFusion MX7 
Experience Flex 2 & MX7 integration & create powerful cross-platform RIAs 
http:http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;56760587;14748456;a?http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=LVNU

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Newbie/message.cfm/messageid:2485
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Newbie/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.15

Reply via email to