Since the search is only restricted to what you type in, if you leave it
blank the search is not restricted. Hence the entire table is returned. What
would you like to have happen instead?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 12:23 PM
To: House of Fusion
Subject: search results produce everything in the table...

Hi,

I have a simple search form on which you can search on three criteria.
However when I type nothing in the form and hit submit it gives me
everything in
the table. I have tried to over-ride this to no effect. Can anyone point me
in the right direction?

Thanks,

Richard

In the results page I have something like:

<CFQUERY NAME="blahblah" DATASOURCE="blahblah">

   blahblah

<CFIF Trim(VariableOne) IS NOT "">
    AND FieldOne LIKE '%#Trim(Form.VariableOne)#%'
</CFIF>

<CFIF Trim(VariableTwo) IS NOT "">
    AND FieldTwo LIKE '%#Trim(Form.VariableTwo)#%'
</CFIF>

<CFIF Trim(VariableThree) IS NOT "">
    AND FieldThree LIKE '%#Trim(Form.VariableThree)#%'
</CFIF>

   balhblah

</CFQUERY>