At 10:55 AM 5/3/2000 -0700, chris wrote:

>Leave it to Microsoft to make it so the escaped HTML entities
>are essentially reserved words. Pretty pathetic.

To be completely fair, the W3C specs for HTML say that if you are going to
use & in the url, you are supposed to use the character entity.  If you run
their validator against CFML pages, every single one of them that passes
variables in the url will fail validation because of the & issue.  So I.E.
is actually doing it correctly, but is perhaps too correct.  The correct
way to code the region variable would be &region=.... we are just
program out of habit and because it usually works.  Took me forever to
figure out the problem with &section=...  same issue.

Judah