One thing I've wanted from CF and haven't seen is an equivalent to the flush() method
of the response object. It sends the page contents that have been created so far back
to the browser.

Another thing I've heard (I don't know the exact objects - are you reading this
Chris?) is that CF can't get beyond the first dot in COM objects:
 myObj.someCollection[1].subCollection[1].item

Normally, you would work around this by getting someCollection from myObj, then
subCollection from that variable. But I've heard that this doesn't always work either.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/05/00 10:02AM >>>
I was just wondering if there is something that cannot
be done in CF and can be done in ASP? Has anyone
encountered such an instance.

My understanding is that Active Server Pages (ASP) are
theoretically equivalent to Cold Fusion Pages but
using Microsoft proprietary programming.  My guess is
that we can do the same thing with Cold Fusion what we
can do in ASP.It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft has
placed barriers to using other environments with its
products such as MS SQL Server.