I don't see why not.  To be honest I've never tried to execute an external
application from CF.  One item I'm not sure of is if CF will wait for the
application to finish.  If it does then I'd run with it.

Another way to accomplish this that should work as well would be to do the
following.

1.  Create a FoxPro program that ends up being a COM object.
2.  In CF use the CFLock.
3.  Create your object using CFOBJECT
4.  Call a method on the object that does the pack.
5.  Release the object
6.  Release the CFLock.

The following code snippet should give you the basics of the COM object
code.  This snippet needs to be placed in a program (.prg) and set as the
main program of your project.  Then build your project when building the
project you need to tell it to create a Win32 executeable/COM Server.  Also
tell it to Regenerate Component ID's.  I've had my best success with FoxPro
COM objects this way.

DEFINE CLASS MyPack AS custom OLEPUBLIC

PROCEDURE DoPack
*
* Here is where the code goes to pack your database
*
         OPEN DATABASE myDatabase                && Open your database

         SELECT 0                                && Select the next
available workspace
         USE table1 EXCLUSIVE                    && Open your table, it
will become the selected table.
         PACK                                    && Pack the table just opened
         USE                                     && Close the table just
packed.

         SELECT 0                                && Select the next
available workspace.
         USE table2 EXCLUSIVE                    && Open your table, it
will become the selected table.
         PACK                                    && Pack the table just opened.
         USE                                     && Close the table just
packed.

         RETURN

ENDPROC

ENDDEFINE

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Bill Grover
Supervisor, IS
EU Services, Inc.
649 N Horners Ln