> Not to mention isNumeric() in J's post is ... well, illegal.  It already
> exist in CF and it'll throw an error.  Heh, to bad we can overwrite those
> functions like you can in flash. ;)

Who's J? ... Yea, I knew it was illegal, it was just for the purpose of the
jab. :) I could have said "function IsReallyAndCertainlyAbsolutelyVeryDefini
telyNumericAndNothingElseYeaYeaImTheMidnightBomberWhatBombsAtMidnightYeaYea(
string)" ... though I'm not sure I'd want to type that very often. :)

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046

> ~Todd

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Michael Dinowitz wrote:

>> Well, he asked for RegEx and I gave him RegEx. The IsNumeric is better
>> but I got directly into teaching mode. :)
>>
>>
>> > > Try this:
>> > > ^[0-9]+$
>> > > A string must start (^) with a number ([0-9]), at least one number
>> > > must
>> > > exist (+) and the string ends after one or more numbers ($).
>> >
>> >
>> > Oooh oooh! ...
>> >
>> > function IsNumeric(string) {
>> > return yesnoformat(REFind("^[0-9]$",string));
>> > }
>> >
>> > isnumeric("3") = yes
>> > usnumeric("3,000") = no
>> >
>> > Wow that would be useful... How come on one's thought of that before?
>> > :)
>> >
>> > Sorry Mike... just poking a little geeky fun at your expense. :)
>> >
>> > Although actually, if the field is supposed to be numeric you can make
>> > it a
>> > little easier on some of the slower ( mentally ) users by eliminate
>> > dollar
>> > signs, commas and decimals which are common formatting elements for
>> > money
>> > values... which can be done with regex, although I think I would
>> > probably
>> > wind up using replacelist
>> >
>> >
>> > Isaac Dealey
>> > Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
>> >
>> > www.turnkey.to
>> > 954-776-0046
>> >
>>
> 
______________________________________________________________________
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to