At 01:46 PM 9/9/02, you wrote:
>I have just finished upgrading my dev box to CFMX. After going through
>a number of issues (search engine friendly URLs, problems with the
>installer), I finally have working sites again - but the debug
>execution times are simply unacceptable. I have 20 apps on this box
>where every page execution was routinely 50 - 500 ms under 4.5 and 5.0.
>Under MX, just about every page takes upwards of 2,000 - 20,000(!) ms.
>I should note this is only the first load of a given page - subsequent
>loads are normal.
>
>Is there some really obvious thing I'm overlooking? Has anyone else had
>this experience? This is a Win2K box with 256MB RAM and a 650mhz
>processor. Again, under CF 5.0 everything ran like clockwork.

Spike Washburn of the ColdFusion Development Team has this solution for you.

----- Begin Cut and Paste -----
There is a -webinf argument you can pass to the Compiler to compile pages outside of
the CFMX_INSTALL\wwwroot directory. I have attached the latest version of the
cfcompile script that demonstrates how to use this argument.
Instructions:

1. Save the cfcompile.bat file attached below into the CFMX_INSTALL\bin directory
2. Run cfcompile from the command-line according to the usage
Usage: cfcompile [-f] -webroot webdir source [source ...]
-f force compilation
-webroot webdir the doc root of the webserver
source file or directory containing CFM templates
Usage examples:
Compiling all changed files under the IIS doc root:
c:\cfusionmx\bin\cfcompile.bat -webroot c:\Inetpub\wwwroot c:\Inetpub\wwwroot
Recompiling all files under two subdirectory of the IIS doc root:
c:\cfusionmx\bin\cfcompile.bat -f -webroot c:\Inetpub\wwwroot c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myapp
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myapp2
--------------start cfcompile.bat--------------------
@echo off
@setlocal
if "%CFMX_INSTALL%"=="" set CFMX_INSTALL=..
if not exist "%CFMX_INSTALL%\lib\cfusion.jar" goto err_cfdir
if "%1"=="" goto usage
if "%1"=="/?" goto usage
goto compile
:compile
set PATH=%CFMX_INSTALL%\runtime\bin;%PATH%
java -classpath %CFMX_INSTALL%\lib\cfusion.jar coldfusion.tools.Compiler -webinf
%CFMX_INSTALL%\wwwroot\WEB-INF %*
goto end
:err_cfdir
echo Error: Could not locate %CFMX_INSTALL%\lib\cfusion.jar
echo Please set CFMX_INSTALL path (ex: set CFMX_INSTALL=c:\CFusionMX)
goto end

:usage
echo usage: cfcompile [-f] -webroot webdir source [source ...]
echo -f force compilation
echo -webroot webdir the doc root of the webserver
echo source file or directory containing CFM templates
goto end
:end
@endlocal
---