> With CFMX the previously translated data cannot be properly display by
CFMX
> , so we had to manually retrieve the data and re save it.

actually you could have cfhttp-ed into the cf5 box from mx & slurped over
the data.

> On our development server CFMX version 6,0,0,48097 the data is properly
> displayed and can be saved in the database SQL 2000 sp 2

what locales on the cf & sql boxes? what collation on the sql server? what
datatypes (ie "N")? are you using unicode? if so are your cf pages utf-8?

> Again, what is most disturbing is that the same application with the same
> CFMX server works OK on our development server.

that can't be so. somethings different between the two sites.

> The Korean partner is really pissed off as we had to delay the launch 3

did we go thru this in the forums a few months back?