Could anybody show me how I would pass values from a child window back to
the parent window?  I have a form with a link that spawns a window, and from
the new page, the user selects  some checkboxes.  I wanted to pass the
values back into a form field in the parent window.  I'm getting an error
message that says the parent window's form field is null or not an object.

Here is what I have:

Parent Window:

<FORM NAME="newCaseInfo"
ACTION="index.cfm?action=caseAnalysis&subaction=createNewCase" METHOD="POST"
onSubmit="return validateUnits();">

Form that I'm trying to populate with Child window data:
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="actionReason" VALUE="" SIZE="5">&nbsp;&nbsp;<A
HREF="javascript:openFrameless2()" CLASS="text9ptBlack">Codes</A>


Child Window:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function passToParent()
{
        window.opener.document.newCaseInfo.actionReason.value =
document.actionReason.actionReasonCode.value;
        return false;
        window.close();
}
</SCRIPT>

<FORM NAME="actionCode"
ACTION="index.cfm?action=caseAnalysis&subaction=createNewCase" METHOD="POST"
onSubmit="return passToParent();">

<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="actionReasonCode" VALUE="#actionReasonCode#">



Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in 
ColdFusion and related topics. http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm

Reply via email to