Thank you... now I have another issue with this... can I pass back multiple
values? I output a list of checkboxes and want to pass back all the values
the user checks on the child form.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Kraybill [mailto:Gene.Kraybill@;adelphia.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:58 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT js question (child window passing back to parent)


Looks like you may have mis-referenced your child form name -- it's actually
"actionCode" not "actionReason".

Gene


-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Do [mailto:TDo@;lahd.lacity.org]

<SNIP>

Parent Window:

<FORM NAME="newCaseInfo"
ACTION="index.cfm?action=caseAnalysis&subaction=createNewCase" METHOD="POST"
onSubmit="return validateUnits();">

Form that I'm trying to populate with Child window data:
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="actionReason" VALUE="" SIZE="5">&nbsp;&nbsp;<A
HREF="javascript:openFrameless2()" CLASS="text9ptBlack">Codes</A>


Child Window:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function passToParent()
{
        window.opener.document.newCaseInfo.actionReason.value =
document.actionReason.actionReasonCode.value;
        return false;
        window.close();
}
</SCRIPT>

<FORM NAME="actionCode"
ACTION="index.cfm?action=caseAnalysis&subaction=createNewCase" METHOD="POST"
onSubmit="return passToParent();">

<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="actionReasonCode" VALUE="#actionReasonCode#">


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to