ahh, connect a printer to your server.. which isn't a smart idea...

alternatively... hmmm CF from the server runs the custom batch to get
report or whatever (custom barcode).. then uses the CFHTTP to post to a
CF template on your local box where the printer is...

you could use other means to accomodate... but generally, thats what I
would do...

or, you could just connect the webserver to the printer by mapping it
as a connected printer resource - especially if the printer support IP
or you have a print server attached to it... so you would print to like
LPT2 instead which is really a mapped resource that isn't physically
connected to the server but your workstation...

If you have the IP ability and can peer through firewall in and out,
you could really make this work with your servers sitting across the
planet.

-paris

Paris Lundis
Founder
Areaindex, L.L.C.
http://www.areaindex.com
http://www.pubcrawler.com
412-292-3135
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]