Not that I am trying to be exclusive or pompous, but when you
start allowing people who know nothing about web page design or
development to design or develop web pages, you get web pages
designed or developed by people who know nothing about the
process.  I think it is a dangerous trend to try to make all
technology available to everyone.

As a case and point:  The professional secreatry is all but dead.
Because the word processor is now available to everyone, everyone
is expected to use it.  Therefore, you now have middle executive
types spending twice as long to develop documents at 3 times the
cost with 1/2 the effectiveness because they really don't know how
to write.

Specialization is not always a bad thing.  Is it so horrible to
expect that if someone wants to use a technology, they actually
learn how to use it.

Just my $0.02.

Robert J. Polickoski
Senior Programmer, ISRD Inc.