> But, my client wants a way to add the text, hit enter, then preview
> it with the ability to make changes before it goes live. After the
> preview/change process he can hit another submit button to have the
> info go live.
>
> I'm looking for ideas as to where to start. Is this possible? Do I
> need 2 tables, a beta table that is used before it goes live to the
> final table? I'd need to figure out how to get the record from the
> beta table to the live table.

Just use one table, and add a "Status" field to it.  Have the default value
of this field be "inactive" (or 0 or "false" or "no" or whatever).  When the
user is satisfied with the data and they submit the preview form just change
this value to "active" (or 1 or "true" or "yes" or whatever).

Then simply modify the query used on your "live" page to only pull data
where the status value is "active".  Also, if you ever want to prevent a
record from displaying, but you don't want to delete it, just change the
status back to "inactive" and it will stop appearing on the live page.

Make sense?

Regards,
Seth Petry-Johnson
Argo Enterprise and Associates