Ya know.. Don't let them hit you with that.

The problem is, new sysadmins tend to think that making changes is part
of their job.  We had a MAJOR battle with HUD since one of our customers
submits information to them via email regularly.  Suddenly, they could
not contact HUD, due to a policy change by a new admin who decided that
if the email server didn't reverse to the same domain name, it was
most-likely SPAM.  The problem is (as you are most likely aware) that
with 1000's of domain names on a single mail server, how could you
POSSIBLY reverse to them?  Even if you added all the reverse names to
your DNS server manually, it would never answer with the right one
first.. So it's not logical.

We have to force them to understand that THEY are not the ONLY ISP on
the planet... and that making willy-nilly admin decisions effects
millions.  If we fight back, they will change the policy.

Just my .02...