Well I bet it can be done using the GetURL or some send and Load objects
- I was just playing around with it. There 1 work around I had found -
it is here...
Basically - you can use the chromeless window concept or a frame concept
- but bottom line is your sending variables through javascript and html
to get the upload to work.

If you do it graphically well - no one would know the difference.

http://www.flashcfm.com/tutorial_search.cfm?keyword=file%20upload
<http://www.flashcfm.com/tutorial_search.cfm?keyword=file%20upload>

Funny thing about your code below is - you mentioned you never got a
error or a failed.. just figured I would share - you are forcing a
success=true or false on the .cfm page strings.. in flash 6 player you
don't need to do this - flash 6 player provides success true or false.

Good luck - I know I have seen this done in all falsh SOMEWHERE - I
would love to use it and modify it so will keep searching - but the
above link provides a definate working sample to make life easier.

jay miller

Christian Cantrell wrote:

I think Matt is right on this one.  I don't think it can be done other

than to pop up a small browser instance and use an HTML form.  Browsers

place a lot of security restrictions around file inputs (and rightfully

so), so I think you may just have to play by the browser's rules.

You can always ask for a URL, then have the server download the file,

or ask the user to paste the contents of the file into a text field if

the file is known to be all text, but these are not particularly

attractive solutions.

Sounds like a Flash feature request to me.

Christian