Hi all-

I'm implementing a home-grown defect tracking system for a project I'm
working which will be going into beta soon.  The whole idea is to create a
site-wide error handling routine which displays a form for submitting bug
info on any error occurrence.  Basically, anytime any error occurs, the form
displays, along with a display of the error info that I want to be visible
to the beta tester, and I'm WDDXing up the cferror structure and sending it
along with the form variables to be inserted into the defect database.

Everything was working nicely, using <CFERROR type="EXCEPTION"
template="<template>" mailto="<mailto>" exception="any"> until I threw a DB
error.  Missing templates, CFML syntax, etc. all worked fine.  I tried
changing my datasource name in my code to throw a datasource error, and the
default CF error page showed up instead of my form.  I've messed with this
for quite a while, removing the exception attribute, which I've been told
you need and been told you don't need.  I really need to do some CFML on my
error page, or else I would just use the REQUEST type on the CFERROR tag.

I'm a little confused as to why the EXCEPTION type won't trap a DB error.
Anyone have an explanation?  Am I doing something wrong, or does CFERROR
just not trap DB errors in general?

-Kev