From: Brandon Whitaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 12:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: line break as delimiter

>Hi
>im trying to run a list loop from a file that uses separate lines for the
>items.
>i would like to use a line break as a delimiter
>anyone have any ideas??
><select name="screen_names">
>     <cfloop index="i" list="#IM_list#" delimiters=" ">
>          <option value="1" SELECTED>#i#</option>
>     </cfloop>
></select>
>Thanks
>-Eli-

You could turn it into an array...
  <cfSet resultArray = listToArray(IM_list,chr(10))>

<select name="screen_names">
   <cfloop from="1" to="#arrayLen(resultArray)# index="i">
      <option value="1" SELECTED>#resultArray[i]#</option>
   </cfloop>
</select>

I notice that you also have the same value (1) being input for all of your
options, you might want to re-think that. :)

HTH...

Brandon Whitaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------
"It'll get used by the same people using Opera.  People dressed in black
wearing berets."
- Dave Watts, on Mozilla

"It makes you feel so welcome to have a greeter like Papa Dave at the door.
Kind of like what Wal-Mart wishes it could do."
- John Allred, on Dave Watts

"The net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
- John Gilmore

the body.