Why does this never actually work.  I am running a query on an ODBC datasource.  The
ODBC is connecting to an informix database.  I don't want the query to take longer
then 30 seconds.  Not that coldfusion cares what I tell it the timeout value is.

The main question is: Why does the timeout not work.  The second question is Is there
any way to wrap things with a timeout value as to say if what is inside of here take
more then x time throw an error.  Also is there a way to run a query in what would be
like a seperate thread similar to doing a callback so that while the query is
proccessing other things can run and then set a wait point or something?

Tyler Clendenin
GSL Solutions, Inc.