> Also in CFMX I would definitely recommend using functions 
> instead of custom tags -- functions have the advantage of 
> being slightly more efficient than custom tags as a result of 
> their "mixed mode" isolation -- that is, they're not as 
> isolated as custom tags wherein you must specify the caller 
> scope in order to reference variables from the calling 
> template and instead require use of the var keyword / scope 
> to isolate variables. Do remember to isolate all the 
> function's variables however.

While I prefer functions to custom tags for most uses, myself, I don't agree
that they're more efficient in CFMX. They certainly were more efficient in
CF 5, but I've seen no significant differentiation between various code
reuse methods in CFMX with regard to performance.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq

This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for 
dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com

                                Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
                                

Reply via email to