I would maybe add in the enforcement of who gets to edit and approve what, although I 
suppose that still falls within the scope of the original definition, since the need 
for security is an outgrowth of the needs associated with creation, publication etc.  

Otherwise that original def pretty much covers it with a broad brush.

-------------------------------------------
 Matt Robertson,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com
-------------------------------------------


---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Chunshen (Don) Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:35:07 -0400

>I hope this is not OT.  I'd like to get a better understanding of the definition of 
>CMS.  According to Microsoft, it seems that the core functions of CMS should over 
>Content Creation, Publishing and Storage.  Is there a general agreement on this?  Or 
>am I missing something big here?
>Secondly, personally I think the publishing part is a very tough task considering the 
>fact that most design seem to change a lot over some time span for Intranet, Extranet 
>or Internet, so, the integration of publishing and (future) design would be a huge 
>challenge.
>
>Li, Chunshen (Don)
>http://68.32.61.40/datadata/dataman.cfm
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq

Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

                                Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
                                

Reply via email to