Hi,

The subject matter is new to me and I'll make it short
and "sweet?".  So, I'll just throw out something raw,
and pls help me to chew it.
Major premise: I think it's more about Interface
Usability Assessment, rather than functionality
assessment.

The way to tackle it is first to decompose all the
components of the Interface, then each screen under
each component. Question, would compoment A weigh more
than component B?  Would screen A weigh more than
screen B?  Yes? depending on each's contribution to
system/application functionality?  Consult with the
client as well?  What's the usual practice here?

Secondly, what's the value of Interface Assessment if
it is done without correlation to Functionality
Assessment?  A nice-looking house built on sand won't
stand.

Thanks.

Li, Chunshen (Don)
http://68.32.61.40/datadata/DataMan.cfm