From: Jeff Beer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 9:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF tag for highlighting text in a textfield?

Unfortuneatly, a standard HTML textarea doesn't render HTML codes, so
you really can't highlite words - the textarea would show the <b> or
style or font tags, etc..

You'll need to use an HTML editor object - I use SoEditor Lite
(http://www.siteobjects.com/pages/order.cfm). It's free and very
straightforward to use.

You'll need to capture the output from SoEditor and run the contents
against your list of bad words, doing a replace on #word# with
<b>#word#</b>, then load the modified text back into the form.  If the
results can't have HTML, you'll need to strip out any HTML before adding
to the DB.