Hi, sorry if this question is a repeat. I couldn't find it in the
archives or on cffaq.com.

Some people here at my company have observed that both of the CPUs on
our dual-processor servers don't seem to be fully utilized when
ColdFusion is under load. Our current config is Dual Xeons, Win2K
Server, IIS5, CF5Pro. We're seeing that even when our apps are under
heavy load, with many simultaneous users, only one of our CPUs is fully
utilized, and the other is no more than 20-30% utilized.

This has led some people here to declare that CF5Pro does not utilize
multiple processors. Some have suggested that perhaps Enterprise is
capable of this, or that perhaps CF5 isn't but CFMX may be.

So here's my question: For each of the following versions of CF, are
they capable of utilizing multiple processors, or not:

CF5 Professional
CF5 Enterprise
CFMX Professional
CFMX Enterprise

If anyone knows the answer to this question, or knows someone that
might, it'd be a big help! I'm trying to move us forward to CFMX, and if
it turns out that MX takes better advantage of multi-cpus than CF5,
that'll be very helpful.

Thanks!
Avi

-
Avi Flax - Systems Architect
The Argus Group, Inc. (a division of ADP)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.coolfusion.com