Okay, in the database the price is stored as an int (SQL Server 2k) and
formatted on output to currency. On the form, the field is a text field
passing the value that's typed in.

Problem: When the user types "$250,000" into the price field to insert a
record, the error on insert indicates that "there are fewer columns in the
INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause". In other
words, the comma in the price is throwing it off.

I'd like to allow the user to type in their own way of expressing a price
(one user might type "250000" one might type "250,000" and one might type
"$250,000"...I'd like all to be "correct" if possible) and having it accept
it and store it as an int like I'm guessing it should be. It is after all, a
positive, somewhat large and varying, number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq

This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for 
dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com

                                Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
                                

Reply via email to