Thanks for your suggestion, Dave.  I ran the following: 

<cfhttp url="http://cybergrass.com/newsrss10.php"; method="get"></cfhttp>
<cfdump var="#cfhttp.filecontent#">


And the file doesn't end properly.  The last few characters of the CFDUMP
look like this: 

[quote]
name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=59</link> <description>Today is the 11th
birthday for Cybergrass 
[/quote]

The dump is nowhere near long enough.  Yet, when I put the same code in a
bare-bones .cfm page, with no formatting, tables, other content, just the
minimum required for a properly formatted html page,  I get a properly
formatted struct with the xml content properly arrayed there. 

What can be truncating the feed?   There's nothing special about the page,
(which is at http://bluegrass.org.au/Magazine/USANews/index2.cfm ) that I
can see that might be truncating the XML.   Is this  a known problem of some
kind?

There is no content except a CF/LF between getting the XML file, and
CFDUMPing it.  I'd have thought any other content wouldn't interfere, even
if it had something in it that the XML parser didn't like.



Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.






-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2003 1:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: What's the matter here? RSS feed error

> Can anyone see what's the matter with this code?
> 
> I'm consuming a RSS feed, using the following code ...
> 
> [quote]
> <cfhttp url="http://cybergrass.com/newsrss10.php"; 
> method="get"></cfhttp> 
> <cfset objRSS = xmlParse(cfhttp.filecontent)>  
> [/quote]
> 
> But a CFDUMP of objRSS on the next line gives me the 
> following error: 
> 
> [quote]
> End of entity not allowed; an end tag is missing.  
> [/quote]
> 
> 
> The guy generating the feed says he's validated his xml 
> page, and says there's nothing wrong with it.  So .... 
> 
> Before I tell him he's wrong, is there anything wrong with my 
> code? Can anyone else get this RSS code satisfactorily?

I was able to fetch his RSS file successfully, and it appears to be valid
XML to me, as rendered by Internet Explorer. You might use CFDUMP on
CFHTTP.FileContent, to see what you're getting back.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=t:4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Get the mailserver that powers this list at 
http://www.coolfusion.com

Reply via email to