AH!!!  So it could be a  CFMX6.0 bug!  We're upgrading to 6.1 in the next
couple of weeks, so I might just put that page in the "under construction"
bin till then and see if the problem goes away all by itself. 

Thanks Dave.



Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.



-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2003 3:59 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: What's the matter here? RSS feed error

> Thanks for your suggestion, Dave.  I ran the following: 
> 
> <cfhttp url="http://cybergrass.com/newsrss10.php"; 
> method="get"></cfhttp>
> <cfdump var="#cfhttp.filecontent#">
> 
> And the file doesn't end properly. The last few characters 
> of the CFDUMP look like this: 
> 
> [quote]
> name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=59</link> 
> <description>Today is the 11th
> birthday for Cybergrass 
> [/quote]
> 
> The dump is nowhere near long enough. Yet, when I put the 
> same code in a bare-bones .cfm page, with no formatting, 
> tables, other content, just the minimum required for a 
> properly formatted html page, I get a properly formatted 
> struct with the xml content properly arrayed there. 
> 
> What can be truncating the feed? ...

Are you running CFMX 6.0? I've encountered things like this several times,
that may or may not have been fixed by Updaters 1-3. They have supposedly
been fixed in CFMX 6.1. Honestly, it's been so long since I've trusted the
CFHTTP tag with anything important that I don't have a more specific answer
than that. There are lots of HTTP client alternatives, and I've generally
used one of those instead.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=t:4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Get the mailserver that powers this list at 
http://www.coolfusion.com

Reply via email to