Casey,

I used to work for a company that sends approximately 1 billion (yes,
billion) emails a month (and yes, they are spammers).  The emails are
created via a CF application run from the command line that spools the
emails to a database. The outbound spooling is handled through a separate
application on the mail servers that pulls the emails from the database and
fires them out through Sendmail.

We learned long ago about the spooling bug in CF5, and also that CF5 is not
at all suited to operate as a high-volume mail server.

If you continue to experience this bug, my advice to you is to implement a
solution such as I have described. You don't have to use Sendmail. There are
plenty of small, cheap (or free) mail servers available. My personal
favorite is ArgoSoft Mail Server (http://www.argosoft.com). It supports
SMTP, POP3 and IMAP, as well as having an API that you can access directly
from CF.

Mike Wolfe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]