From: Paul Hastings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 September 2003 16:06
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Multilingual site?

> Erm,  just to be anal and incite multiple flames (I've learnt this
> technique from others on the list).I believe UTF actually stands for
> "UCS transformation format" rather than the more popular
interpretation
> of "Unicode Transformation Format" :-)

no thats not quite correct. its unicode OR ucs. the  UTF-8 definition
actually states "Unicode (or UCS) Transformation Format, 8-bit encoding
form. UTF-8 is the Unicode Transformation Format that serializes a
Unicode
scalar value (code point) as a sequence of one to four bytes, as
specified
in"...  http://www.unicode.org/glossary/

nice try though.

  _____