On 7/31/00, Brian L. Wolfsohn penned:
>Was the conclusion here that the two versions are code incompatible with
>regards to cflocking ?? i.e. i must have the same version of cf on our
>test machines as our live machines ??
You MUST specify the scope when using cflock in 4.5. You CANNOT
specify the scope when setting cflock in 4.0. Even if Strict
Attributes validation is turned off, it creates an error.
I simply do my production and testing on 4.01 then do a global find
and replace on all my cflock tags and add the scope. Then remove it
again locally after uploading. Most of my apps have strictly session
variables in them. The global thing may be more difficult if you are
using application variables and locking them also. Probably the
easiest way would be to write cflocks around session variables as
<cflock type="exclusive"> and around application variables as cflock
type = "exclusive">. Note one has a space after the = and one
doesn't. Then you can search for the slightly different strings and
add the correct scope.
IMHO Allaire really dropped the ball on this one. I'd like to at
least see them put out a patch for 4.01 that would let you specify
the scope without generating an error, even if it didn't do anything.
Otherwise, you'll have to create 2 versions of everything that you
want to make available commercially, or just leave out locking
altogether. Of course then your application will break on any 4.51
server that has cfadmin set to force locking, which I found is the
case at virtualscape.
>With that in mind, we have not yet installed the upgrade to 4.51 based upon
>the problems we were seeing everyone else having.. Is 4.51 stable enough
>for production environments ?? Are there any gotchas in moving from 4.01 to
>4.51 we should know about in advance ??
Well, as far as gotchas, this isn't one that I knew about until I
started wrapping all my session variables with cflock which was
certainly a well hidden requirement (suggestion?) in 4.0. Who knows
how many more hidden gotchas are lurking in the shadows. It seems to
be pretty stable on the sites I've done. But like you, I'm scared to
upgrade my production server.
--
Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
To Unsubscribe visit
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk or send a
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.