Does anyone have a good breakdown of when is the best time to use
different variable scopes.  I know a lot of it is preference, but I'm
curious if there's a best practices type idea floating around anywhere.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaulin, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFAPPLICATION question

If the two "domains" are just different hosts on the same domain
("abc.company.com" and "xyz.company.com") then you can arrange for the
cf cookies to be shared, and so session would also be shared. It's the
setdomaincookies option on cfapplication.  (If you use it then you have
to be careful to make sure the hosts more than one "dot" in the name...
the host "company.com" will get no cf cookies at all if you have
setdomaincookies=true)


    Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Burns, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 1:56 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFAPPLICATION question

I have a site in the webroot.  In that site, I have an Application.cfm
with a <CFAPPLICATION name="appname"> tag.  On the same server, can I
have a separate webroot with a separate Application.cfm with another
<CFAPPLICATION name="appname"> tag with the same appname?  Will it see
these as the same application, thus allowing me to set some application
variables, switch a user to the other domain and still have those
application variables available?  I'm not 100% sure how that works.
Thanks for your input.

John Burns
  _____
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to