I agree.  We have a variety of otherwise pretty good backup software
available - Retrospect and BrightStor.  They seem to do backup okay.  It is
only the restore that never seems to work.

We dump everything to a file via a maintenance plan and back that up.

Caveat:  If you are doing big league ecom and need to backup 12 times a day
(literally), you need to use software like Retrospect and BrightStor with
their respective SQL server agents, otherwise you will take too much of a
performance hit.

Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company
Wishing that I was in Phuket wasting baht on just about anything...