Matt Liotta wrote:
>> No you're absolutely right.  And considering that Java, C#, ASP.NET
>>are
>> ALL "proprietary" languages there is not much hope for anyone but PHP
>> developers.
>
> The above statement is incorrect, C# is an ECMA standard and Java is a
> de facto standard through the JCP.

*yawn*  here we go again -- dancing in semantics land with Matt.  Note
my use of quotes (I guess not) -- in any event...

If Sun abandoned Java or Microsoft abandoned c# what would happen to the
language??  There is no formal evolution of either language at this time
except through the say-so of its corporate sponsor.  The presence of a
standard (even defacto ones ;) does not constitute an absence of
proprietary'ness.

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/