Thank you for your replies.  

The issue was indeed permission related.  I installed jrun logged in as
the machine's admin.  When I went to install coldfusion it told me that I
had to be logged in as "root".  So I enabled root and logged in as root
and installed coldfusion and went through the rest of the instructions.

When I completed these two steps:

8.   If you haven't done so already, open a Terminal window
(Applications/Utilities/Terminal), navigate to the cfusion directory, and
use the jar utility to uncompress the cfusion.war file:
cd jrun_root/jrun4/servers/servername/cfusion
jar -xvf cfmx_install_directory/cfusion.war

9.   Navigate to the CFIDE directory and use the jar utility to
uncompress the rds.war file:

cd jrun_root/servers/servername/CFIDE (or cd ../CFIDE)
jar -xvf cfmx_install_directory/rds.war

I created the directories as "root".  jrun of course was running as the
machine's admin and did not have the permissions to access those files.

Thank you for helping me resolve this so quickly.

Jim Audette
Website Administrator
Garrison Forest School
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to