It has no UI capabilities of it's own, so it's always going to be the back
end to something else.  That alone is enough to make it a poor choice for
desktop apps.

The 84mb runtime engine doesn't help either.

And most of all, even if it was technically possible to make desktop apps,
that certainly is not the main area where CF will be used and thus pricing
is much more likely to remain at current levels geared towards server
deployment.  There is coral which is geared toward desktop apps (still
pointless in my opinion) and a free version of BlueDragon which could be
used for the purpose.

So are you playing devil's advocate or do you really believe CF would be
good to use for desktop apps??  :-)

Sam

Blog http://www.rewindlife.com
TeamMM http://www.macromedia.com/go/team