From: Greg Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 September 2004 15:28
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: MX 6.1 W2K3 Installation Hangs

Hi Alistair,
Anything in the install log? And what kind of an install are you
performing? J2EE/standalone?

Also maybe this post can help a little:
http://www.bpurcell.org/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=949 and there are a
fwe comments relating to win2k3 as well..

Cheers

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:39:47 +0100, Alistair Davidson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We have a completely fresh, pristine and virgin installation of
Windows Server 2003 Standard, and we're trying to install MX 6.1 Pro
onto it.
> Every time we try, it goes right through the installation to point of
"Installing Web Server Connectors..."
> Then it pops up a cmd.exe window with nothing in it, and hangs.
Forever!

> We've tried leaving it for over an hour, nothing happened. It wouldn't
even respond to the Cancel button.
> So we killed the installer, deleted all CF files and went through the
registry deleting anything matching "Macromedia"

> When we run it again, the same problem occurs.
>
> We've tried telling the installer to use the built-in web server, use
only the default IIS web server, configure all IIS websites - same thing
happens every time.

> Anyone else had this issue? Anyone got round it?
>
> Or is our shiny new Windows box just a big pile of doodoo? (no OS
flamewars please - if it was up to me we'd certainly be using Apache as
a webserver, probably on RedHat Enterprise, but it's not my call
unfortunately)